Thursday, December 10, 2009

When does lipgloss expire?

I still use a lip gloss I've had for one, maybe two, possibly three years. Is this bad? Should I get rid of it?When does lipgloss expire?
If is smells ok, and the color is still true, don't recycle it or toss it unless you are tired of it. I have several MAC products that are still good.





Above poster said she just tossed some her MAC products when they went bad - don't toss them. MAC is one of the few cosmetic lines that recycles - Back2MAC. Take in 6 products to a counter/store, and get a lipstick at no charge. I've done this many times over the yrs. Great thing - saves a little on accumulation of trash.When does lipgloss expire?
no, lipgloss dosent expire
It really lasts for 6 months you have to throw them away after because it will makes your lips dry and it will affect your lips it makes your lips rough cause the texture will be different %26amp; clumpy.





But you know what whatever do whatever you think is right haha.





But if it smells funny, throw it out.


If it's cakey or chunky, throw it out.


If it smells like lipgloss, looks like lipgloss...use it.





Hope this helps.


Now go give me my 10 points.


:)
people say 1 year but i dont really know.
Lipgloss is much more flexable with when it expires then say foundation or mascara.


The smell test is the best way to know. some products start to go ';off'; after a year. as a makeup artist i would suggest not keeping anything around longer then that. Because they say lipgloss lasts about 2 years. BUT keep in mind that you dont know how long that gloss has been sitting on the self!
Hey Bren sweety - how are you?


Check out this website - it says 2-3years is basically the outer limits.





http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/con鈥?/a>





Lots of good information there too...





Hope you are doing well!





:)
I have heard 1 year, but I have some lipgloss that is much older than that. I've noticed that a couple MAC lipglasses (what I have the most experience with) can get a funky smell after a few years and separate and look gross in the tube - then I just chuck them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans